Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Years Resolution

Similar to most of America, my new years resolution was to get myself into shape. Ideally I would like to participate in a triathlon in the fall. I realized last night that it is already the second week of January and I really haven't done any sort of physical activity, or started a workout regime. Not a good start to my plan, so...

Feeling motivated I decided that I would take advantage of Tuesdays being my day off and start biking. I woke up early and took a 15 mile bike ride, i rode from my condo to A1A at Linton Blvd in Delray Beach, then rode 7 miles south to Palmetto Park Road in Boca Raton. I took Palmetto to Federal Highway and rode that all the way back to my starting point. After the ride I felt great and decided to put together a fitness plan to help myself stay on track and continue being motivated. I decided that I would have to do at least 3 workouts a week in order to get into shape. During high school i was an athlete and when I got to college I didn't continue playing any sports and became pretty lazy. With this NYR hopefully I can get into the mode of living an athletic lifestyle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment