Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Best Gyms in Delray Beach

I've been training for a triathlon for about two weeks now and I decided that I should probably join a gym. Living in sunny Florida I thought that I would be fine working out in the great outdoors, but that hasn't been working out for me so far. I have been pretty good about getting myself to workout but I find myself making all sorts of excuses as to why I can't work out on a specific day. Whether its that its dark, to cold or hot, raining, etc... I realized joining a gym wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I started researching gyms in my area and narrowed it to three different gyms, Level 5 Fitness, CrossFit, and Palm Beach Gym. Since they all offer a free trial period I took advantage of it and tried them all out. They are all very different gyms which specialize in different areas, so I reviewed all the gyms in order to decide which one was the best.

Hope this helps in your choice...

Level 5 Fitness : When you first walk in this is your typical mega gym, its huge inside and has several of every machine. They offer lots of classes and because there is so much to offer here you rarely ever have to wait. It has a very clean and friendly atmosphere. It is also relatively inexpensive, memberships start at as little as $20 a month. The only drawback is that it is a very corporate style gym, in that you don't recieve very much personal attention.

CrossFit : This gym was my favorite, it is VERY intense, and not for the weak. You train in groups and are in competition with the other people you work out with, this makes you work even harder. Here you get lots of personal attention and they specialize in interval training and teach ways of healthy living. It is very pricey though, it costs roughly $150 a month, but I think its well worth it.

Palm Beach Gym : This was my second choice, it is a very small community gym, you get to know everyone who works there. This is more of your traditional gym, they have your typical machines and offer a wide range of classes. The drawback to this is that you may have to wait for a machine or the classes may not be offerec at times that are convenient for you. It is pretty cheap at $45 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment