Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Belize: Cave Tubing



On my recent trip to Belize we took an excursion and went tubing through caves in a remote part of the country. Cave tubing is not something I thought I would ever do in my life nor did I even think it was something that one can do. But I did and it was VERY fun.
We took our excursion with a group called Cave-Tubing.com, they made it very interesting. It was an hour drive through Belize on one of their tour buses (imagine a 1980s coach bus that no one wants anymore) to the remote destination. The ride on the bus was fun, the tour guides were very enthusiatic about their job, and loaded us up with their home made Cashew wine. It made the cold water in the caves feel a little better.
Upon arrival we took a 45 minute hike to the mouth of the cave and then got in the water and floated through for about an hour. It was amazing to go through these deep caves. We had flashlight helmets on so we were able to see all the parts of the dark caves. Very FUN excursion, I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment